Thursday, December 11, 2014

Top 30 Books and Series of 2014 - #21



DEE

I’ve always been good at wearing masks. Not letting anyone see the real me. I’m content being the happy-go-lucky best friend. The strong willed boss. The independent woman who doesn’t need a man. 

But the truth is I’m just as broken as the rest of you. I’m terrified that all it will take is one person to make all my carefully constructed walls crumble into fine dust. So I guard my heart with everything I have. Determined to never let anyone get close enough to hurt me again. 

All is perfect until HE walks into my life. No… he doesn’t just walk. He struts his good-looking, sex-oozing self-right into my space and demands that I see HIM. Making me want what I know I can’t have. 

So I did the only thing I know how to do. 
I run. 
But he just won’t let me go. 

BECK

The second I see her, I know she will be mine. I see past the gorgeous smiles and heart-stopping laughter. I see HER. She doesn’t want me to know her secrets or the past that haunts her, but I make it my mission to find out. 

To make her mine. 

She can run all she wants, but it will never be far enough to stop me from coming after her. 
She’s it for me and she knows it. 
She’s just too scared to admit it. 

 
**
Warning ** This book is intended for a mature reading. NO cliffhanger, HEA, inter-connected stand alones.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18069234-beck



I really can not get enough of the Corps Security Boys. Who doesn't like Alpha Male, hot as sin Marines walking around? We were lucky enough to get THREE Corps Security books this year, but Beck, this book blew me away. It had the right mixture of angst, pain, love and redemption and just everything that you look for in a book! I started reading and could not put it down. And it was my first ugly cry of the year.

There were some major surprises with this book and one of the main ones was Dee. My heart broke for her, the friend who has always been there for everyone while hiding from everyone to work through her issues. Beck was amazing with his patience and his strength. As with any other series, we get to see the usual cast of characters. I really can't tell you more about this book without giving away some major plot points in the book. Just know when you read any of Harper's books you are going to get some serious steam, loyal and stubborn men and women who push back just as hard. Making this book as well as the rest of the gang an astounding read!


Harper lives in small town Georgia just a short drive from her hometown of Peachtree City. She (and her 3 daughters) enjoy ruling the house they dubbed 'Estrogen Ocean', much to her husband’s chagrin. Harper has a borderline unhealthy obsession with books; you can almost ALWAYS find her with her ereader attached. As an ex-reviewer and blogger, Harper's passion for reading runs deep. It wasn't until 'Axel' decided to take up residence that she realized her true calling.
She started using writing as a way to unwind when the house went to sleep at night; and with a house full of crazy it was the perfect way to just relax. It didn't take long before a head full of very demanding alphas would stop at nothing to have their story told.

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM




This series is  smart, funny, sexy as all get out, that will have you smiling like an idiot while reading. If you are a big fan of Tangled by Emma Chase, then The Taboo Series are books that you do not want to miss!


Book 1 - Hey There, Delilah

Hi, my name is Delilah Sampson, and I am a self proclaimed “frump girl.” My world came crashing down the day I walked in on my boyfriend having sex with my boss, rendering me single and jobless. A new job fell into my lap as the secretary of the gorgeous, rich, powerful, and mighty cocky controlling partner at Santino Law Firm. I spend my days trying to please a demanding boss, keeping my lustful thoughts to myself. Until one night, when my best friend drags me to a club, and I fall for a man whose true identity I will never know.

See, at Club Masquerade, everyone wears a mask and a name tag with a fake name. Also, on your name tag is a number that you are assigned when you come into the club, which is linked to an in-house messaging system; no one is permitted to speak, which ensures that identities are kept secret. I meet my lover every Saturday at 9 pm sharp. We text and email constantly when we are not together, and I have somehow fallen in love with him.

But, then there is Nick Santino. He is the partner that I can’t keep my eyes off. Unfortunately, the only reason he hired me is because he is not attracted to me and all my frump glory. Fortunately, for me, I am a kick ass secretary, so he keeps me around. Like many men in his position, Nick is used to getting what he wants, when he wants it; all without commitment, of course.

So when he finds a woman that he is both physically and emotionally attracted to, he finds himself in unchartered territory – love. And I can do nothing but be jealous from the sidelines – lusting for a man I can’t have, and loving a man I can’t know.

Hey there, Delilah is book 1 of the Taboo Love series, in which we tackle the boss/secretary relationship. Each book will be a stand alone with a HEA, but will have a few reoccurring characters.


BOOK 2 - Unmasking Charlotte

Some say that I'm cynical. Some say that I'm flippant. But I am neither of those things. I am just a realist, who through an unfortunate turn of events, learned the hard way that everything is in fact black or white. At least for me it is, and always will be.  

But then there is Calvin King. The thorn in my side, the pain in my ass. He is what some would call the perfect man - an imposing businessman, an even more impressive ladies’ man. Every man wants to be him and every woman just wants him. At least that is what I hear. I’m not admitting to anything beyond that.

What I do know and will concede to, is that my resolve is tested as soon as I meet Calvin. He ticks every box off my checklist - sexy as sin, tall, dark, rich, intelligent, and funny. My body craves just the thought of him. How can I possibly keep him at arm’s length when he is the only man I want and desire? And it doesn’t help that he kisses like a god and sets my body on fire. Crap! Don’t ask me how I know that, he doesn’t play fair.

Most importantly, I can’t let him unmask me, it’s my only defense.
Unmasking Charlotte is book 2 of the Taboo Love series and picks up where Hey There, Delilah left off. As with Hey There, Delilah, it is a standalone - so don’t worry if you haven’t read Hey There, Delilah, yet - with a HEA. That means no cliffhanger! Oh, and expect to see some of your favorite characters.
 GOODREADS | AMAZON
BOOK 3 - Crossing the Line


Parker Hamilton - movie star! 
That's what the world knows about me.  Oscar winner, prominent bloodline, playboy.  But there is so much more to me.  My friends are my real family, and they are what matters most. But I’d be lying if I said that I’m not concerned about my reputation. Everyone who lives in the spotlight is. 


Listen, I can play any role - drama, comedy, romance. You name it.  I can act my ass off, and I have the proof on a shelf in my office.  But when my agent calls me into his office to offer me the role of a lifetime, I am hesitant.  Not only would I have to act opposite Chance Steele, the most egotistical schmuck I know, but we would also have to pretend to be intimate.  Really intimate. As in gay lovers.


Now, don’t get me wrong; I am as open-minded as they come.  People can love whom they want, screw whom they want, even marry whom they want.  But when you ask me to make out with a dude, pretend to roll around in a bed with him, well, that’s where I draw the line. Maybe. 

Sometimes lines are blurry. And sometimes lines are just meant to be crossed.

Crossing the Line is book 3 of the Taboo Love series and picks up where Unmasking Charlotte left off. As withHey There, Delilah and Unmasking Charlotte, it is a standalone - so don’t worry if you haven’t read them yet - with a HEA. That means no cliffhanger! Oh, and expect to see some of your favorite characters. 
Contains graphic m/m scenes. Not intended for readers under 18.


Andria Large

 Andria is married and a stay at home mother with two crazy little girls and two psychotic cats. She doesn't go anywhere without her precious iPhone and a purse full of animal crackers. She used to be obsessed with the Backstreet Boys, but now is only mildly obsessed (still goes to every concert when they are in town). She loves cartoons and Disney movies, and can probably recite every line from Dumb and Dumber. Humor is a must in her life; otherwise, it would be completely boring. Pepsi is her weakness, along with anything chocolate. She can’t sing to save her life, but she pretends she can when she is alone in her car with the music blasting so that she can’t hear herself. And don’t mess with her family because she will fuck you up. 

She loves to read Romance. Paranormal, Scottish, Military, Police, Firefighters, Athletes, Cowboys and M/M are her favorite. She is not so much a fan of YA, though. If you haven’t been able to tell from reading her books, she likes - whether she is reading them or writing them - lots of hot steamy sex. Andria loves her fans and is always willing to chat. She works hard on her books, does not get offended easily, and has a pretty thick skin when it comes to negativity toward her work. 

She welcomes constructive criticism because she feels that is how one betters themselves, by taking that constructive criticism and using it. Andria’s books are her art, they are pieces of her, and she can only hope that people will like what she does. For those who don’t, she asks that you be respectful of her art. You don’t have to like it, but you don’t have to be mean about it either.




M.D. Saperstein 


Hi! My name is M.D. Saperstein. I am currently a stay at home mom with my two gorgeous kids. I wasn't always a full time mom, though. After graduating from the University of Florida - Go Gators! - I attended law school at Stetson University. I spent the next 10 years practicing law. I also spent some time counseling mental health patients in an out patient psychiatric hospital. But, until having my own children, my most rewarding job by far was licensing families to receive abused and neglected foster children.

So, that brings us to today. In my spare time, while my children were napping, I started editing novels for other authors. The more I edited, the more ready I felt to write my own. I just needed a new and exciting story line. Once Hey There, Delilah was conceived, the ball starting rolling very quickly. I hooked up with fellow author Andria Large, and we decided to tackle it together. Best decision ever!

I spend most of my free time with my husband and children. But when I get some "me" time, I love to read. Mostly romance and erotica, but I don't discriminate - a good book is a good book, no matter the genre.


 


Joint Facebook Page:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment