Wednesday, December 31, 2014

TOP 30 Books and Series of 2014 - #2




Born to a prestigious political family, Avery Adams plays as hard as he works. The gorgeous, charismatic attorney is used to getting what he wants, even the frequent one-night stands that earn him his well-deserved playboy reputation. When some of the most prominent men in politics suggest he run for senate, Avery decides the time has come to follow in his grandfather's footsteps. With a strategy in place and the campaign wheels rolling, Avery is ready to jump on the legislative fast track, full steam ahead. But no amount of planning prepares him for the handsome, uptight restaurateur who might derail his political future.

Easy isn't even in the top thousand words to describe Kane Dalton's life after his father, a devout southern Baptist minister, kicks him out of the family home for questioning his sexual orientation. Despite all the rotten tomatoes life throws his way, Kane makes something of himself. Between owning a thriving upscale Italian restaurant in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and managing his long-term boyfriend, his plate is full. He struggles to get past the teachings of his childhood to fully accept his sexuality and rid himself of the doubts brought on by his religious upbringing. The last thing he needs is the yummy, sophisticated, blond-haired distraction sitting at table thirty-four.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20640467-always?from_search=true




There are those books that you just never want to let go of. Always was one of those books for me. I was extremely honored to be able to read this book months before it's publication. (One of the perks of doing trailers) and I devoured the book and then read it a second time. I had such emotion and cried my eyes out (just letting you know - it was the ugly cry, so lots of tissue) and I was just moved beyond words.I immediately connected with both Kane and Avery. What I loved about this story is that it takes place over their lifetime together. You get to see them together from the beginning to the end.

Sigh. There just are not words for me to describe the feelings I had after reading this book. I was on a good book hang over for weeks. It was torture waiting for the ARCs to go out so I could talk about the book with my friends.

Go buy this book. Fall in love with Avery and Kane. Always. It will Always be with me.


 Buy Links







Best Selling Author Kindle Alexander is an innovative writer, and a genre-crosser who writes classic fantasy, romance, suspense, and erotica in both the male/male and male/female genres. It's always a surprise to see what's coming next!

I live in the suburbs of Dallas where it's true, the only thing bigger than an over active imagination, may be women's hair!

Usually, I try for funny. Humor is a major part of my life - I love to laugh, and it seems to be the thing I do in most situations - regardless of the situation, but jokes are a tricky deal... I don't want to offend anyone and jokes tend to offend. So instead I'm going to tell you about Kindle.

I tragically lost my sixteen year old daughter to a drunk driver. She had just been at home, it was early in the night and I heard the accident happen. I'll never forget that moment. The sirens were immediate and something inside me just knew. I left my house, drove straight to the accident on nothing more than instinct. I got to be there when my little girl died - weirdly, I consider that a true gift from above. She didn't have to be alone.

That time in my life was terrible. It's everything you think it would be times about a billion. I love that kid. I loved being her mother and I loved watching her grow into this incredibly beautiful person, both inside and out. She was such a gift to me. To have it all ripped away so suddenly broke me.

Her name was Kindle. Honest to goodness - it was her name and she died a few weeks before Amazon released their brand new Kindle eReader. She had no idea it was coming out and she would have finally gotten her name on something! Try finding a ruler with the name Kindle on it.. It never happened.

Through the course of that crippling event I was lucky enough to begin to write with a dear friend in the fan fiction world of Facebook. She got me through those dark days with her unwavering support and friendship. There wasn't a time she wasn't there for me. Sometimes together and sometimes by myself, we built a world where Kindle lives and stands for peace, love and harmony. It's its own kind of support group. I know without question I wouldn't be here today without her.

Find out more by visiting www.kindlealexander.com or email me at kindle@kindlealexander.com

Let me just tell you...I am addicted to Jillian Dodd. As soon as one of her books releases - everything else pauses in my life and I get lost in her world. Keatyn Chronicles is my guilty pleasure and the fan base for this series is AMAZING! If you don't belong to the KC Addicts - Keatyn Chronicles Boy Discussion Group - You are missing out.

The Keatyn Chronicle is pure fun. It will keep you guessing while you get wrapped up in Keatyn's quest to keep her family safe and find her Moon Boy. (You'll have to read the series to see who Moon Boy is). I stalked Amazon, Jillian's FB Pages and Fan Pages to get everything I could about KC and her friends. And right now for a limited time you can get the first three books in this series for FREE - Select iBooks, Amazon or KOBO


https://www.goodreads.com/series/87245-the-keatyn-chronicles



FREESTALK ME - Book 1

Keatyn has everything she ever dreamed. Her life is following the script she wrote for the perfect high school experience. She's popular, goes to the best parties, dates the hottest guy, and sits at the most-coveted lunch table.

She's just not sure she wants it anymore.

Because, really, things aren't all that perfect.
Her best friend is threatening to tell everyone her perfect relationship is a scam.

Her perfect boyfriend gets drunk at every party they go to. 

It's exhausting always trying to look and act perfect.
And, deep down, she isn't sure if she has any true friends.

To add to the drama, her movie star mom has a creepy stalker.
A hot, older man flirts with her and tells her they should make a movie together.

And she's crushing on an adorable surfer. Dating him would mean committing social suicide.

So she writes a new script. One where all the pieces of her life will come together in perfect harmony. 

But little does she know, there's someone who will do anything to make sure that doesn't happen.


KISS ME - Book 2

I've always written scripts for my perfect life.
But no way could I have ever scripted this.
My life is so far from perfect, it’s not even funny.
All because of a stalker.

I’m at a boarding school where I have to lie about who I am.
I can’t see my family.
I’m tutoring a Hottie God that tortures me with his smile.
The most popular girl already hates me.
But there’s this boy.
This hot, sweet, sexy boy.
So I’m going to stop trying to script my life and just live it.
Because who knows how long I have left.


DATE ME - Book 3

I’m not scripting my life anymore.
I’m living it.
I’m done with the God of all Hotties.
I’m going to give my heart to the boy who I think deserves it.
The boy whose kisses are hotter than molten lava.
The boy who offered me the key to his heart.
The boy who asked me to Homecoming in a big, sexy way.

There are so many things to look forward to.
Parties at the Cave. Homecoming festivities. Drama Tryouts. Shopping trips to NY.

But things aren’t always as perfect as they seem.
I find out that my best friend has been keeping a secret from me.
Not that I can blame him.
I have secrets too.
But, for now, I’m going to pretend I’m just a normal girl.
I’m going to pretend he’s not still out there.
I’m going to pretend he’s not getting desperate.
I’m going to pretend I’ll never see him again.
But, I will.
And this time, I might not get away.



http://amzn.to/1qffQD8LOVE ME - Book 4
My mom says that you can’t love someone until you learn to love yourself.
So even though Vincent is getting more and more scary.
Even though he’s doing a nationwide search for me.
I’m going to learn to love myself.

Well, I’m going to try.
Mostly, I want a boy to love me.
But which one?

Dawson - The gorgeous boy who made a mistake, but whose molten lava kisses and steaminess I can’t freaking resist.
or
Aiden - The God of all Hotties, who is practically infused with love potion. Who I thought liked me, but now says he wants to be my friend.
or
Brooklyn - The boy that first stole my heart. Who has always loved me. Well, until the whole cabana incident.

I mean, it was bad enough when there was sort of a love triangle, but now that I’m talking to B again, it’s like I’m in a love rectangle, or a rhombus, or something.

Oh, and did I mention Cooper Steele?
The new soccer coaching, health teaching, tattooed hunk?
Who Garrett sent to school to guard my body.
I mean, be my bodyguard.

But back to loving me.
I should forget about boys and worry about me.
Love me.
Like, eventually.

http://amzn.to/1isSjeYADORE ME - Book 4.5 (Novella)

I’ve finally become the kind of girl my little sisters could look up to.
Except for the lies.
Lying to my friends is killing me.
And the longer I’m there—the closer we get—the more I feel like I’m being eaten from the inside out.
If I go back to Eastbrooke, I’ll end up nothing but a shell.
So I'm not going back.
I'm going to St. Croix by myself. And for the first time in my life, I'm okay with being alone.

Except...I don't actually end up on the island alone.


HATE ME - Book 5
I was told if I went away, he'd forget about me, lose interest, and move on.

But he hasn't.

In fact, my being gone has only made things worse.

So it's time for me to take matters into my own hands.


It's time for me to fight back.

Hey, Vincent. You ready for a little chaos?






 http://amzn.to/1g2jhs5
GET ME - Book 6

Will Keatyn get her life back?
And if she does, which life will she choose?

  
CAPTIVE FILMS takes a look at the lives of our favorite characters from KC ten years later!


Meet Riley Johnson. CEO of Captive Films.
Hot. Rich. Privileged. Seriously Single.
There could never be a reality show about my life.
It’d just be work and sex.
Lots and lots of sex.
No breakups.
No fights with friends.
Zero drama.
Drama’s for the movies.
Not for me.
I’m Riley Johnson.
I’ve got it all.
Brand new jet. Exotic cars. Luxury penthouse. Black card. A different aspiring actress (or two) every night.
I run Captive Films.
Where we leave you begging for more.
Or maybe that’s just me.
My life is perfect.
. . . Until she walks back into it.

CAPTIVE FILMS - SEASON ONE

 

I’m a sucker for romance and write romantic stories. My first book, That Boy, was published in May 2011, and the sequel, That Wedding, in February 2012. I married my very own prince charming over 20 years ago, and he still makes me melt.

I love anything sparkly, hot pink, or bright orange. I’m hoping to have a midlife crisis soon, so I can justify the purchase of a hot pink car with thick black racing stripes. I love to paint, doodle, draw, design interiors, rearrange furniture, cheer for my Huskers, cook, entertain, and shop for shoes. I’m addicted to diet coke, Donald Pliner shoes, reading, and buffalo wing popcorn.
https://www.facebook.com/JillianDodd1

https://twitter.com/JillianDoddhttp://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4833990.Jillian_Doddhttp://www.pinterest.com/jilliandodd/



MAKE SURE TO COME BACK TOMORROW FOR MY TOP PICKS OF 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment