Sunday, January 6, 2013

Welcome to Becca the Bibliophile Book Blog!


bib·lio·phile noun\ˈbi-blē-ə-ˌfī(-ə)l\ : a lover of books especially for qualities of format; also : a book collector


I have an addiction. It's become a very serious addiction. I haven't always had this craving. In fact it's been a good 10 years since I have probably read an actual book at least all the way through. It all changed for me last Mother's Day when my kids and husband gave me an iPad and a gift card for $100 to iTunes. I have always been a movie/music kinda gal. I mean my degree is in music and video business. I contemplated loading my iPad with movies and music but I already had everything I wanted on my video iPod and iPod touch. I spend a lot of time in carpool lines and waiting for kids at practices, so I decided to download a few free books and this series that everyone was talking about - 50 Shades of Grey. I was hooked from the beginning - being able to take my books with me, where ever I went. I blew through 50 Shades in two days, staying up until 3am to read. I begun looking at reviews and downloading as much as I could. Our family was taking a trip to Los Angeles and I knew that I had a 32 hour drive ahead of me. I downloaded Kate Perry and R.L. Mathewson books and was armed with 13 books and a wide open road ahead of me...and that's when the obsession began. I read all 13 books within the first week of our two week vacation! When I got to L.A. I asked my friend Amie what books she loved and I downloaded 8 more books and was introduced to Kristen Hannah, Debbie Macomber, Bernadette Marie and Sydney London. By the time my Summer was over - I had read 32 books! And I kept going and going and going. I joined Goodreads and many book review pages on FaceBook. My cravings grew and grew and grew. And now it is 8 months later and I have 160 books under my belt!  I am a full time mom, wife, taxi driver (to 5 kids) and Pre-K teacher but I am hooked on characters that I can sometimes see a little of me in (at least in my younger days..hehe) and open up new emotions and feelings.  My dear husband would wake up at 2am and I would be deep into a book, either laughing, crying or sometimes even yelling. At first, he would sit up and ask if I was ok. But after a few dozen time, he would just shake his head, roll over and go back to sleep. 




So my time filler has grown...to full on addiction!

I have had the pleasure of becoming friends with some of these incredible authors on Facebook and I have made a ton of new friends who share in my fixation for books and book boyfriends. This blog may be a little different from many of the other blogs out there. I want to keep things simple. I want to let you know if a book is worth a read, not tell you almost the entire story within the review. I like to take that journey myself and sometimes reviewers just give too much away. I am not a professional writer and so my reviews might not always be the most insightful or awe-inspiring. The one thing that I can guarantee is that they will be honest. I want to "PIMP" all these amazing independent authors and their amazing accomplishments! I have a love and a passion for great characters and people who can bring those characters to life. Also this blog is interactive. If you see a book cover - click on it and you will be taken to where you can buy the book. I hate sometimes searching for a book and just not being able to find it. I want this blog to be fun for both the author and the reader.

I hope you enjoy my little blog. And I will leave you today with my Top 20 Book Boyfriends for 2012. Each of these men left me wanting for more! Thanks for checking out my blog and coming along for the ride.




2 comments:

  1. Becca, It is amazing that you created this blog with your busy life. I am so glad to be one of your followers and "sister wife" (ha, ha). I love how you created this page. I'm so looking forward to all your reviews. Thank you for including me in this group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, I love your new blog and I absolutely LOVE that Ethan Blackstone was your number ONE book boyfriend for 2012. *makes my heart happy*

    Raine Miller

    ReplyDelete