Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Exclusive Interview with Ethan Blackstone



I am so excited and privileged to 
Welcome Mr. Ethan Blackstone to
Becca the Bibliophile’s Blog!

Mr. Blackstone walks into the room. Man, he looks fine in that suit.  It’s dark gray and goes perfect with--yes, a purple tie.  I wonder if he does that for Brynne because it’s her favorite color.  He doesn't smile but he doesn't look like he’s about to head for the door either.  He looks like a man with a lot on his mind these days.  He extends a hand and shakes with a confident grip and takes a seat across from me. “Thank you for inviting me, Becca,” he says, and then offers just the slightest smirk, making his blue eyes spark just a bit.  His British accent is like smooth, melted chocolate and utterly mesmerizing.  It seems to be getting a little warm in here. I must remember to take notes on his answers or we’ll end up with absolutely no interview for Bibliophile today.  

Thank you so much Mr. Blackstone for stopping by today and giving us your exclusive first ever interview. I know that your schedule is extremely full. This is such an honor! He gives me a nod as I continue on.

So how do you go from being a professional poker player to running a security service with head detail for the Royal Family? He looks down at his tie, adjusts it, and then looks at me directly.  “Playing poker was just a means to an end for me.  I had a really great run and knew when to stop.  I don’t endorse gambling as a rule—it can be destructive.  As for my contacts with the Royal Family, it was my cousin, Ivan, who got me connected.  I am honored to be called upon to serve Her Majesty in whatever capacity I am needed.”

Do you still play poker? He grins just a bit and tries to cover it by bringing his hand up to sweep over his goatee.  Whatever he’s thinking about has made him smile.  Sometimes…Brynne wants to learn how to play poker, but these days it’s just for fun.  My time at high limit games is most definitely over.” I stare for a moment. I don't know how Brynne gets anything done. I quickly snap out of my starry eyed fixation... Oh yeah, this is an interview. Write Becca, write! Maybe I should have brought a recorder.

Brynne said that you have a substantial library in your loft. Is there a particular genre that you like? “Um…most of those books were given to me by my dad.  People have a terrible habit of leaving books behind in cabs, or so he’s found.  They fill the shelves in my flat I suppose.”  For the first time, Mr. Blackstone looks a little uncomfortable.  “To be honest, I’m not a huge reader of novels.  I prefer non-fiction.  I read some of Keats’ letters to his fiancĂ© and those were interesting.  I know it surprised the hell out of Brynne that I did that.”  He looks a little pleased with himself at that last comment.

As a fellow Bibliophile, I can understand the need to have a large library but do you even have time to read? “At the moment?  Hell no.  I've never had more demanding work than right now.  The Olympics are going to be magnificent in London.  I might be dead, but the games will be perfect,” he says dryly.
  
A few of my friends wanted to ask you a question or two. Would you mind?
He moves in his seat and crosses a leg over his knee.  “I can’t promise anything.  You may find my answers not to your liking, but hit me.”

This question is from Melissa F : Ethan did you really feel the connection between Brynne and yourself right away at the gallery that first night you saw her or did you use that as an opportunity to get closer to her and do the job her father paid you to do, developing feelings later on? He just lifts those blue eyes up at me and sears me with them, looking somewhat annoyed.  I wonder if he’ll even answer Melissa’s question.  “Yes,” he says slowly.  He folds his hands in his lap and waits. 

Were you surprised by your connection with Brynne and that it happened so fast?  “Oh yes.”  He nods his head once and blinks his eyes slowly.  I can feel the sex dripping off this man just from that little movement and fight back the urge to start squirming in my seat.  Brynne is one lucky, lucky girl is all I have to say.

This question is from Maureen S: I'd love to know if you hadn't gotten a response from Brynne after sending the flowers & letter, would you have waited longer? Would you have gone to her and pleaded your case? Or would you have run away to America to be with me? (OK, maybe I'm not really serious about that last part...or am I?) “I was prepared to wait for her.”  He smiles at Maureen’s joke but doesn't acknowledge it.

Sorry about that…sometime my friends and I get a little carried away. This is my first interview, I guess I should have looked over the questions… I pause as I read the next question to myself, take a deep breath and I feel my cheeks go flush as he stares, waiting for me to continue. Sigh...those eyes. yeah... 

Martha B. wanted to ask: If you hadn't had the terrible experiences you had in Afghanistan, how do you think your life would be now and do you think you'd be the person you are now? The air in the room just chilled a few degrees from the looks of his eyes.  This is not a friendly subject for him at all.  “It’s hard to say.  The military taught me a great deal, but in answer to your question, no, I wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't experienced the war.  Am I glad I survived?  Fuck yes.  Did it shape me?  Yes, again.  We are the sum total of our experiences in life.”

If the circumstances in which you met Brynne were different, do you think you would have had the same kind of connection/attraction for her? He sighs.  I can tell he doesn't like the personal questions but I hope he answers anyway.  “I think it’s safe to say that I would be attracted to Brynne in any time and any place we might have met.”  He looks down at his watch and then back up at me, a slight tilt to his head as he waits for the next question. I know this is a touchy subject but I continue…

So Brynne’s modeling?  Do you think you will ever get used to the idea that Brynne poses in the nude? Does she have plans of continuing? The eyes go glacial again and this time there’s a slight twitch at his hardened jaw.  “I don’t like it.  Fine, I fucking hate it, alright?  And no, she won’t be continuing.  Next question?”

Jackie K. wants to know if you ever mix your vodka & if you so, what do you like to mix it with. Do you prefer to drink it straight up? What do you think of all these flavored vodkas?   “Straight up Van Gogh from the freezer is my preference.  The flavored bit is not my thing, but I have developed a taste for lime in my beer since Brynne turned me on to Dos Equis.”

The amazing Raine Miller, who has brought your story to the masses, left all of us hanging with All In. What can we expect in the third book about the two of you, Eyes Wide Open? “She’s one of those romance authors right?  …Eyes Wide Open?  Is that a book she’s writing or something?”  He looks at me curiously.  “I don’t know what you’re asking me.  Brynne might have read her books, or her roommate Gabrielle would most likely know.  They like to read that romance crap.  I have zero interest in that sort of thing.” I look back a little curious myself. If he doesn't know who Raine is then maybe Brynne set this up with her. Huh? Oh well...

So the big question is have you ever had to protect David Gandy? A lot of people think that the two of you could be twins? What is your response to that? He laughs.  “You are not the first person to tell me that.  I've met him, yes, and he’s a good bloke.  Quite the motor head though.  He’s really into restoring old cars.  We chatted one evening over drinks at some event we both turned up at, but I've not had him for a client…yet.”  He shrugs.  “You never know.”





To finish up our interview, Our first ever Lightning Round:  These are simple one word questions that some of my followers wanted to know.

Favorite Drink:  “Dos Equis with a sliver of lime”
Favorite Place to have Sex - Wall, Car or Counter Top:  “Anyplace with a locking door.”
Want to be a father one day?  “Yeah…I think I do.”  *gets a thoughtful look in his eye*

Briefs or Shorts (or what us Yanks call Boxers)?  Shorts or commando.  *He grins*
Are you still smoking?  He loses his smug look and shrugs.  “I’m trying to quit.”
And last question: Have you always had a dirty little mouth?  “Fuck, yes!” He winks at me and gives a wicked smile that should be illegal, but I sense he’s happy to be done with the questions.

It was a pleasure Mr. Blackstone. Thank you for stopping by my blog and hopefully you enjoyed your first ever interview. Nothing too embarrassing for you, right? “Thank you, Becca, for the invitation.  I hope your readers are pleased.  Me?  Embarrassed?”  He shakes his head and stands to leave.  “Not likely that would've happened,” he tells me with a wave as he walks out. I sit there for a moment, with a smirk of my own.  Please don’t tell Brynne that I got a good, long look from the back of him as he left.  I mean, a girl’s gotta do what she’s gotta do…   











Words cannot describe how thankful I am to Raine Miller for giving Ethan's #1 fan a chance to talk with him. I am speechless (at least now that the interview is over). And to all my sidekicks over at the BLACKSTONE AFFAIR: ALL THINGS ETHAN BLACKSTONE Facebook Page - Thank You for all your great questions and the gigglefest we had while I prepared for this moment. (Wink) You know who you are!  XOXO - Becca

Make sure to pick up Ethan and Brynne's Story 

Naked: The Blackstone Affair Part 1 and All In: The Blackstone Affair Part 2


Amazon Links:

Barnes and Noble Links:

8 comments:

  1. Loved, loved, loved it Becca. Congratulations girlfriend. You're amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh.....Ethan......'nough said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it cant wait for the book. Ethan is SMOKING HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the 3rd book! LOVE Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love It! Can't wait for Eyes Wide Open.
    He is soooooo hot!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete