Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Experience: Forever My Girl Plus Extras




I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 


I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 


And now I’m going back. 



After ten years. 


I hope I can explain that after all this time. 


I still want her to be my forever girl.

I had heard many great things about this book. Several of my friends had suggested it. It's about a rock-star and his quest for his forever love. OK so there are a lot of tattoo rock-star bad boys out on the "market" right now and before starting this book I figured I would be taking a road that was once traveled before. BOY, WAS I WRONG!! This book was so much more. As with any good rock-star there is drama, but the way Liam handles it made me fall in love with him from the start.

“I know she hates me. I hate me.



I ruined her life. That is what her voice message said. The one I've saved for the past ten years. The one I've transferred from phone to phone just so I could hear her voice when I’m at my lowest. I can recite every hateful word she said to me when I was too busy to answer and never found the time to call her back. 

Never found one second to call and explain to her what I had done to us. She was my best friend and I let her slip through my fingers just to save myself from the heartache of hearing she didn't want me anymore.

I had dreams too.

And my dreams included her, but she would never have gone for it. I’m not living her American Dream. I'm living my own. My decision destroyed everything.” 

Josie was heart-broken when the love of her life all of a sudden leaves to follow his dreams. A future and dreams that she thought included her. So when Liam shows back up in Beaumount 10 years later, she doesn't know what to think. She has a secret that she prayed she would never have to share with him. She moved on...or had she? Just like Liam, she tried to cover up the hurt and betrayal she felt. She is engaged to the town Pediatrician and has a successful business along with a son she adores.

“Her tear-streaked face is beautiful. I want to wipe away her tears. I want to take the last ten years and erase them. I want to start over.” 

This book is not what I would consider a "steamy" read, but the insane amount of love that Liam feels for Josie will make you swoon like no other. And I was totally LOVED that. The remorse that channels from Liam and his determination to prove to Josie that he still loves her and her son is sweet and alluring.

“I only have eyes for one woman, period … When I saw you, I knew I had made a mistake. I should have never left or at least come back for you. My life is better with you in it, Josie. I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize that.” 

I think I needed this book.., it was so honest and beautiful. After reading so many books full of angst, it reminded me that books can make you feel really good and happy, without having to have your heart ripped out in the process. Liam and Josie were real, not over the top, people who are struggling to find their own truths. I loved Josie and Liam's grand love story SO much! 

Courtesy of SMITTEN BOOK BLOG


Want to know what the note from Nick said to Josie? 
Click HERE to see it.






1 comment:

  1. My passion for love and life has made me take on here to tell everyone how DR JAMIN ABAYOMI brought back my lover who has been gone for 6 years.It was all confusion and distress to me when my lover whom i love and cherish wouldn't love me anymore but rather chose to stick to another lady at the expense of my feelings for no convincing reason making me crazy.But that's all history now has DR JAMIN ABAYOMI has proven himself worthy to be called a true and chosen spell caster as he has wiped out my tears by bringing my lover back to me.Do you need your lover back or you are been faced with any problem and you need help urgently contact DR JAMIN ABYOMI via email:drjaminremedy@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete