Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ruin You Completely by Calia Read

I met Mathias Sloan in a club.
Truth.
I told him I was twenty-four.
Lie.
I told him m
y name was Olivia.

Lie.
I thought that I would have a one-night stand and be done with him.
Truth.
I didn’t know that he was my new piano instructor for the next six months…
Truth.
We would come together and fall apart. After him, every man was ruined.
Truth.
If I knew what I know now, I wouldn’t have walked to him. I would’ve turned and run…
LIE.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17665832-ruin-you-completely?from_search=true

This was my first Sloan Brothers Book to read, and I went and immediately got the other two books in the series!

Mathias Sloan was headed for greatness until an accident took away his dreams and ambitions. He walked away from the world of music.

So when he is approached to teach a prodigy who just needs a little push in is grandparents hometown, Garmish, Germany. He needs a little motivation to take the job.

With his emotions on high the night before starting his 6 month teaching gig, he heads out to a club and meets Olivia. She says she's 24 but he has his doubts. She just may be what he needs to take the edge off of his nerves...But before anything can happen, her friend comes in and snatches her away.

The next day, he shows up at his new job, only to find that his student is Olivia...but her name is not Olivia and she's not 24 but 19!

This book was so full of emotion and electricity. Mathias and Katja are pure magic and their connection soars.

Definitely a great read. I didn't want the book to end!


Our flight was at eleven. I glanced at my watch. 8 AM. We should be in the car and on our way to the airport by now, but I couldn’t seem to move.
I was just hurting myself. Hope was for fools. The smart people in the world accepted that and moved on. And the fools, the ones like me, would never understand. No matter how much pain was tossed their way.
Finally, after a few minutes, I gave up. I adjusted the strap of my purse and walked toward the front doors.
Then I saw him.
He stopped in his tracks. So did I.
He was a disaster and there was no other way to put it. His hair was pointing up in crazy directions. I could picture him repeatedly dragging his fingers through it. He was still in yesterday’s clothes. His shirt was unevenly buttoned, as if he had jumped out of bed and grabbed the first thing he saw.
It soothed me, just a little, that he was suffering as much as I was.
He walked toward me, looking like a man on a mission, and didn’t stop until he was directly in front of me. Standing this close I saw that his eyes were bloodshot and a day’s worth of stubble was growing in.
“I thought you’d be gone,” he said.
I gestured to the limo waiting outside. “I’m leaving right now.” 
His shoulders sagged and he closed his eyes. I’d never seen him look so defeated. “I’m sorry about last night. I fucked up.”
“I’m sorry, too.”
He stared at me imploringly, almost like he wanted to say something else but couldn’t get the words to form on his tongue.
“Stay,” he said.
We stayed apart, but he might as well have been touching me.
“I can’t, Mathias,” I whispered brokenly.
“Katja, I will give you anything, I mean, anything, in this world just to keep you.”
“Anything?”
He nodded.
“Give me your heart.”




Calia lives in Indiana with her husband and their four kids.
 
The Sloan Brother Series Buy Links
Book 1 – Every Which Way


Book 2 – Breaking the Wrong
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/breaking-the-wrong-calia-read/1114849578?ean=2940016242897&itm=1&usri=breaking+the+wrong+calia+read

No comments:

Post a Comment