Friday, November 15, 2013

SPOTLIGHT: Drive Me Crazy by C.C. Wood


Amy Bennett has a type- tall, dark, and jerky. After being used and tossed aside one too many times, she decides enough is enough. No more pretty boys. Instead, Amy begins dating Grayson . Lean, quiet, and average looking, he’s the exact opposite of almost every man she’s ever been involved with.

Her resolve is tested when Troy Castillo moves into the other half of her duplex. He’s the embodiment of her usual kind of man; including the inconsiderate behavior. Within days Troy is making her nuts.

Things with Grayson start fizzling out and keeping Troy at arm’s length becomes impossible as someone begins to harass Amy. Harmless but obnoxious pranks soon turn violent and destructive. Troy refuses to back off and he is determined to protect her, whether she likes it or not.

Amy knows she can trust Troy to keep her safe but can she trust him with her heart?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18486940-drive-me-crazy?from_search=true

I really don't think the C.C. can put out a bad book! I loved Amy and Troy just as much as I loved Cat, Patrick, Nat and Aidan. This book is funny, sexy and whitty. The only complaint is that these novellas for the Girls Next Door Series are just too short. I want to hang with these friends for a lot longer. 5 Outstanding Stars for me!

 
I am on my way over to Nat’s house to meet up with Nat, Cat and Amy for a little catch up session. We thought that Aidan was over protective the last few months of Nat’s pregnancy,  but now he was extremely over protective of Nat and the baby, not wanting them to go anywhere to public while she’s small! Nat just laughs at him, but it’s kinda cute that he is so protective of the two of them.

The last time I saw Nat and Cat they had just started dating Patrick and Aiden. Now all three girls are married with two of them carrying newborns. Wow, how things can change so quickly in such little time.

I pull up to Nat’s house and as soon as I cut the engine – the girls come piling out the front door to give me a hug. That’s the thing about us girls from Texas, everything starts and ends with a big hug. And usually there is a honey, sugar or babe thrown in there for good measure. This is my first time meeting Amy but I am excited to talk to her about her super man - Troy.

Becca: Hey girls!! I am so happy to see y’all again. There are margarita’s in that house right? Who held the drink for you after the baby was born Nat?  My first request was a Seven and Seven. I only needed one! laughing while I follow them into the house

Nat: Are you kidding? Aidan wouldn’t let me near alcohol while I was breastfeeding.  I had to call the OB and let her tell him that drinking a beer every now and then would help with my milk production because he didn’t believe me!


Becca: Where are the guys and the babies? I was in need of a baby fix. My kids are too old now and hardly let me cuddle. And they don’t smell that great anymore either!

Cat: We sent the men and the babies to my house.  I told Patrick to teach Troy about parenting...which I’m sure will translate into Troy changing all the poopy diapers tonight.

Nat: (laughing) I’m sure Aidan will be on board with that!

Amy: Have y’all forgotten that Troy is a cop?  He’s dealt with worse than that while he was in uniform.

Cat: We DO NOT need to know!


After a few pleasantries, we settle down in the living room with drinks in hand and start talking about this past year.

Becca: Amy it’s so nice to meet you! I can tell we are going to be fast friends. Sarcasm is your first language just like mine! And I can see why Nat and Cat are friends with you. J

Amy: It’s great to meet you, too, Becca!  Nat is the one who taught me all about sarcasm.

Nat: Yes, I corrupted her.

Becca: What is it with y’all falling in love with the boys next door? Amy I must say the way you and Troy meet was…interesting to say the least.  laughing

Nat: As if they give us much choice!  (All the girls laugh) I know Aidan didn’t mess around.

Cat: Nat made sure that I fell in love with Patrick.  Sneaky bitch set me up.

Amy: These ladies had nothing to do with my meeting Troy.  My landlord, Davis, is the one who set me up with him!


Becca: Were you surprised at how protective Troy was of you right from the start?

Amy: Yes!  Of course, he is a police officer.  All those things that happened just seemed like cruel pranks to me.  He’s seen a lot though, and he knew that I wasn’t taking it seriously enough. 

Becca: So what was it that drew you to Troy initially? What really surprised you about him?

Nat: I know what drew her!  It was the whole ‘tall, dark, and handsome’ thing.  Amy’s always had a weakness for Latin men.

Amy: What’s wrong with that?  (points finger at Nat) I’m not talking to you, I’m talking to Becca.  (turns back to Becca) It always surprises me when he talks about classical music.  Most of the guys I’ve dated that weren’t musicians don’t know anything about it.

Becca: So girls how’s the married life and being mom now!

Nat: The first few months were rough but Alannah is amazing.

Cat: I don’t know what Nat is talking about.  My little man is an angel and always has been.

Becca: What’s the biggest change in Patrick and Aidan now that they are dads?
Cat: I think he’s sexier now.  I see him holding that little boy and it just makes me melt.

Nat: It shocks me how much of a family man he really is.  I knew he would dote on Alannah, but he tries to make it home for dinner every night and he helps with bathtime and bedtime.  He’s always right there.  He also sneaks the baby into our bed at night while I’m asleep because she’s a cuddle bug and likes to snuggle with him.

Becca: Well I won’t ask you the dreaded question that everyone in a serious relationship is always asked Amy…

Cat & Nat (in unison, sing song): So when you will you have a baby?

We all laugh! Amy just shakes her head and takes a drink.

Well thanks for inviting me back. It was so good to catch up with y’all. Now lets go find those boys! I need a few babies to cuddle before I go back to mine. ;)


A native Texan, C.C. grew up either reading or playing the piano. Years later, she’s still not grown up and doing the same things. Since the voices in her head never shut up, C.C. decided to try and profit from their crazy stories and started writing books.

Now that she has a baby girl at home, C.C.’s non-writing time is usually spent cleaning up poopy diapers or feeding the poop machine. Sometimes she teaches piano, cooks, or spends time bugging her hubby and two beagles.


BITE ME (Bitten, #1)

I had the perfect life; an awesome job in advertising, a gorgeous high rise apartment, and a flirtation with the guy down the hall. Then it all came crashing down. Two months later I was a cocktail waitress living in a tiny one bedroom apartment. I had also developed a serious ‘men suck’ attitude.

That all changed the night I met the beautiful and enigmatic Conner Savage. But there was just one little problem…he said he was a vampire. Figures a man that hot would be batshit crazy. Or so I thought. It didn't take me long to realize that Conner wasn't a nut job and that I was addicted to him.

With every moment we spent together he drew me deeper into his world and the supernatural culture in which he lived.
Now I had a choice: the vampire I craved or a normal life. Couldn't be easier, right?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18368840-bite-me

 

FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS (Girl Next Door #1)

Natalie York is done with relationships. D-O-N-E. After her latest loverboy hits on her best friend, she's tired of playing games and having her heart broken. From now on, she's keeping things casual.

When Nat meets her sexy new neighbor, Aidan Hart, she decides his offer to be friends with benefits is perfect. Soon, Nat discovers perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be. Her ex reveals himself to be a slightly insane stalker, and, even worse, Nat discovers that keeping her heart locked up tight isn't working out like she planned. Either way, she's certain she's in for a bumpy ride.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15716308-friends-with-benefits
 
FRENEMIES (Girl Next Door #2)

Cat Johnson has been badly burned in the past and likes to keep her relationships simple and, usually, short. When her best friend, Nat, gets engaged, Cat meets Nat's future brother-in-law, Patrick Hart, and sparks fly. The only hitch is his fiancee, Anya. Angry and disillusioned, Cat spends the next six months trading barbs with Patrick.

All that changes after Nat and Aidan get hitched. During the newlywed's two week honeymoon, Cat offers to housesit, only to discover her now-single arch nemesis is living next door. He's persistent and sexy-as-hell in his pursuit of her and Cat discovers there's more to like, maybe even love, about Patrick Hart than she once thought. She wonders if she can trust this man with her heart or too afraid to try

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15736322-frenemies



KISS ME

Six years ago Jake Coulter dumped Kaylie Masters. Though she refused to show it, Kaylie was devastated and never got over him. To make matters worse, Jake is friends with her older brother, Kevin.

Now, Kevin is engaged and Jake is his best man. There's no way Kaylie can avoid her ex. Strangely, Jake seems to be going out of his way to see her and ,after one kiss, they both discover the spark between them never died.
















No comments:

Post a Comment