Monday, July 15, 2013

Top 25 Books of 2013 (So Far) - Part 3 ~ TOP 5 REVEALED




Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover

Sometimes in life, if we wish to move forward, we must first dig deep into our past and make amends. 

Hopeless was my number two best read for 2012. I thought it was an amazing book that left me in tears and in a book hangover for weeks after reading. Not many books do this to me, but Losing Hope had me wiping away the tears. As a HUGE fan of Hopeless, I was on pins and needles waiting to hear Holder's POV. I absolutely fell in love with him in Hopeless and after reading Losing Hope, he is just AMAZING!! There is always depth and substance behind Colleen's characters and she lets you into their mind, body and soul - letting you feel every aspect of the journey. 


Delayed Penalty by Shey Stahl


Up until that night that I'd found her, I believed that nothing would come close to the way I felt about hockey. Now I know better.

Shey Stahl is a ROCKSTAR, when it comes to writing sports themed novels. Delayed Penalty did not disappoint. I read this book all in one sitting. Evan Mason was compassionate, chivalrous, courageous and strong. All for a girl he didn't know. A girl who he found nearly dead in an alley. Mason is a NHL Enforcer who will shed blood for his teammates both on and off the ice. Ami became part of his team and boy I sure wished I was a part of his team by the end of the book too. The right kind of sexy, hot with compassionate and unconditional love. Such a good read. 






Pulse by Gail McHugh

You’re…broken. How do you move forward when every breath is nothing more than a constant ache? Living becomes an insidious reminder that you threw away the single largest part of yourself. Your…soul. No amount of distraction can pull you from the torture of losing your…life.                                                  
I am one of the lucky ones that received this perfect gift of a book early. OHHH MYYY GAWWDD! This book blew me away! After the ending of Collide I thought that I was going to die...JUST DIE!! And I prepared myself for heartache and pain, angst...lots and lots of angst. And although there is all of the above in this story, it is also a beautiful tale of love, sacrifice and redemption.

Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings

I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods. For those who didn’t bear the ugly scars that keep me bound in constant, debilitating fear. I’ve run from that fear my entire life. But when I met him, for once, I couldn't run anymore.

WOW! Where to even begin with this book? Now to begin with, this book is a heavy book. It's not all sunshine and roses (which I tend to read 75% of the time) but there was something about this book that I just could not put it down. 



Kami is unloveable, unworthy and crazy (in her own words). She is running. Running from fear, running from friendships, running from life and most importantly running from love. Then something happened. She actually felt something for the first time in her life and she didn't know how to handle it. Even with the support of her best friends Angel and Dom, she was on a spiral spin to despair and loneliness. Blaine, he wanted to change all of that. The electricity and the connection he had with Kami was palpable. He had to be with her, no matter the cost. But Blaine had his own demons to work on, ones that would end up flaming the fires of disbelief for Kami. Was Blaine with her for the right reason or was he trying to use her to make up for the failures of his past. This book is based on true events, making it even more of an incredible story, for someone to have survived and come out on the other side to tell their story. Amazing! (At the time of this post - Fear of Falling has not yet been published. It is expected to publish on July 18th. I will post a link to buy as soon as it is LIVE)



Eyes Wide Open by Raine Miller

A love on the brink of being destroyed. The fight of a lifetime to keep it alive.


Big surprises are on the horizon for Ethan and Brynne as they struggle to adjust to what life has thrown at them. Demons from the past are threatening to destroy the passionate bond they’ve forged despite their vow that nothing will ever keep them apart. A truly devastating loss coupled with the promise of a new hope opens their eyes to what is most important, but is it possible for the lovers to move on from the painful histories that continue to haunt them? A stalker is still lurking in the shadows, plotting evil amidst the distraction of the 2012 Olympic games in London. Brynne and Ethan are on the cusp of losing everything as the stakes rise. Will they yield to circumstances beyond their control or will they give every ounce of fight they have left to save each other and win the ultimate prize of a life together?

Eyes Wide Open is a passion-wrought story that shows us what pure love can achieve when tested and what the heart can accomplish despite danger and adversity.

I am obsessed with The Blackstone Affair Books. Anyone who knows me, knows this about me. But having said that, this is not the reason that Eyes Wide Open is my number one book of 2013...so far. The reason that Eyes Wide Open is my number one book this year is because is it a well written, touching story of love, with a couple that needed to be rescued from their own demons. And were able to begin the journey to overcome by realizing the meaning of sacrifice for love. 

Ethan stole my heart in this book. Up until this point, Ethan was the forceful, gets what he wants, filthy mouthed alpha male; relentless in his pursuit of Brynne. In Eyes Wide Open, we see the softer side of Ethan, who lets his vulnerability show is ways that he has never shown before. He lets his guard down to show Brynne he can be the man that she needs in her life. Brynne opens up. Lets him in. Puts her fears in his hands. It's a beautiful transformation of a passionate love.

“My eyes have really only been opened since you came into my world. You gave me everything. You made me really want to see what was around me, for the first time in my adult life. You made me want you. You made me want... a life. You were my greatest give of all, Ethan James Blackstone." She reached up to touch my face and held her palm there, her eyes showing me so much of what she felt.

I covered her palm on my cheek with my hand. "As you were for me, my beautiful American girl.”  ― Raine MillerEyes Wide Open

So for this reason, among others, Eyes Wide Open is my number one book for 2013. And to help celebrate my favorite book of the year, I am giving away 5 signed paperback ARCs of Eyes Wide Open from Raine Miller. Make sure to enter.



Fear of Falling is being Released on July 18th. I will add links on release day.


So there are my Top 25 Reads of 2013...So Far. I hope you were able to add some new books to your TBR lists and even able to pick up a couple new books to read over the rest of the Summer. I really love and appreciate all the support that I receive not only from these wonderful authors, but from you the fans too. Thanks for making my job, such a joy!  


Make sure to follow me on:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great reviews, awesome giveaways and the free book listings. I really enjoy checking your FB and Blog daily.

    ReplyDelete