Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Top 25 Books of 2013 (So Far) - Part 1


What a year 2013 has been so far! Just narrowing down the Top 25 books that I have read so far this year was tough! I am going to have to do a Top 100 by the end of the year! A lot of great squeals have been released as well as a slew of new up and coming talented authors. It's the one thing I truly love about being a book blogger. I get to sit upfront and am able to read some of the great new books that are hitting the scene and attach myself to some amazing talented ladies. This year has proven to be fierce and I can't wait to see what is in store for the rest of 2013. If you would like to purchase any of these books, the purchase links are included every 5 books. To add to your TBR list - just hit the add to Goodreads button. Happy reading!

So here is the list in descending order:

Real by Katy Evans

 A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

Remington Tate is the first underground fighter to give Travis Maddox a run for the money! After receiving email after email from friends and then every book club I went into, they were talking about Remy.  It took me a while and I was a little late to the game but I ended up loving Remington. The one thing you will see in my top 25 is that the heros in these tales are faithful, intense and will put everything aside for their woman. And Remy does not disappoint. I am looking forward to the continuing sage of Remy and Brooke.




Demon at my Door by Michelle A. Valentine


Gothic outcast Natalie Sugarman bartered her soul for her dying mother’s life sixteen years ago to a boy demon that could stop time. Now, days before her twenty-first birthday, the lifelines on her palms are slowly vanishing, and she knows it’s just a matter of time before Satan’s little helper collects.

This was the book that changed my mind about paranormal reads. Not only was it witty, but it was sexy and I really connected with the characters. It blew me away and really opened my mind to reading something outside of my comfort zone. Natalie was engaging and Rick is holy hotness! Michelle kept it real with just enough paranormal to make it perfection. Thanks Christine for talking me into reading it :)



Everything Changes by Shey Stahl

I didn't know Parker O’Neil outside of the occasional smile and wink. The AMA Supercross racer came to our small town one winter, and I had no idea what he was capable of. How could I have known that he would change my life forever that summer?

I am a HUGE Fan of Shey Stahl. Each book that she releases blows me away. I have to say that she has some super sexy heros and heroines that know how to hold their own. Yes, it's a sports romance but Shey makes sure that you are well informed. Her books are addictive to me! Original, entertaining, romantic reads. That's what you get when you pick up a Shey Stahl novel.


 
In a Heartbeat by Teodora Kostova

When Stella decides to visit her estranged cousin Lisa in Genoa, she has no idea Italy will give her a new reason to live. Max and Stella's love is epic. But there are too many things keeping them apart.

I get a lot of emails from up and coming authors. And Teodora was one those that reached out to me and asked me to give her debut novel a try. Man was I ever glad that I did. It's a heart wrenching story about love and the sacrifices you make to be with your true love. I highly recommend this read. And I can not wait for future books from Teodora <3






Rules of Entanglement by Gina L. Maxwell

District Attorney Vanessa McGregor firmly believes that structure and order are the stuff that dreams are made of. Happiness can be planned - and it starts with seven rules she's laid out for her future. But as she's organizing her best friend's wedding in Hawaii, all of Vanessa's best-laid plans are about to meet their match in a wickedly hot MMA fighter...

Book two in the Fighting for Love Series by Gina L. Maxwell but can be read as a stand alone. This book was fun, enticing and hot hot hot. Vanessa and Jax were *fanning myself* just too hot to talk about here. Go see for yourself.  I loved it so much, I even did a trailer for it. 








One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…Me.

Drew and Fable sucked me in. They were both very broken individuals who found out they need each other to survive this f*cked up world they live in. Fable is hired to be Drew's fake girlfriend over Thanksgiving Break and the things they discover is just life changing. But can they survive each other's truths or does it leave them even more broken than before. Love this series!



Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin

“I know she hates me. I hate me. I ruined her life. That is what her voice message said. The one I've saved for the past ten years. The one I've transferred from phone to phone just so I could hear her voice when I’m at my lowest. I can recite every hateful word she said to me when I was too busy to answer and never found the time to call her back. "

Liam hasn't been home in 10 years. He never returned her calls. He still loves her. She has secrets of her own. Things she was tried to tell him, but he wouldn't listen. I read this book all in one sitting. I felt the pain, the love and the forgiveness. Which is rare to find. Great read Heidi!



Cautious by E.L. Montes

Marcus and Mia share a LOVE stronger than others, but their relationship was built on LIES and deceit.


I met one of my favorite people through Disastrous - E.L. Montes. And I was on pins and needles waiting for Cautious to release. What I loved about Cautious was the growth of Marcus and Mia's relationship. They finally opened their eyes to what they had and went for it. This book kept me rooting for them, even in the times it looked like it was all going to fall apart. There are some BIG surprises in this book which I loved. Go and support my friend Emmy. She is wicked cool and she writes some impassioned characters that will suck you in. 






Searching for Moore by Julie A. Richman

From a 1980's Southern California college campus and a devastating first love to present day New York City, Searching for Moore explores how technology has eradicated the divide between our past and our present, and asks whether you would give up everything to reconnect with The One in a single keystroke?

Schooner...oh my, what can I say. Schooner is Mr. Perfect. Or at least everyone thinks Schooner has the perfect life. There has always been something missing...Mia. His true love, who he let walk out of his life. So when the opportunity comes to reconnect with her over 20 years later. He takes the chance he should have to  begin with. This book is well written, witty and leaves you wanting MOORE. <3

             


Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle

Scarlett MacGregor has lived a very sheltered life courtesy of her over-the-top controlling parents.Metamorphosis is the story of Scarlett's transformation from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature young woman and her search for self-discovery and true love.

I am sucker for coming of age stories. I don't know if it's reliving my youth or what it is but I LOVE them. And I especially loved this story because it's set in my home town at a college that I went to to hang. So I felt like I could put myself into the story. Scarlett is naive but learns all too soon about love and heartache. You will definitely pick teams with this one and it will leave you heart broken for her in a way you never saw coming.



COME BACK SUNDAY FOR PART TWO 15-5

2 comments:

  1. Metamorphosis. Wow. I had a sneaky suspicion that was coming, but still broke my heart all the same. I have either read the majority of these so far, or they are on my TBR, but you gave me a few to add. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blame it on one too many medical dramas and headaches ;-)

    ReplyDelete